Saturday 26 September 2015

Welcoming Autumn

Hello beauties and welcome to my Realm of Beauty.

Autumn has arrived. The season of pumpkin spiced latte, halloween, freshers week, start of university, cardigans, layered clothing, cinnamon candles and getting ready for Christmas. It's also the season of gorgeous dark lips and dark, warm eyeshadows. So I thought I'd dedicate a post to welcoming autumn. A post full of beautiful berry colours and shimmery dark eyelids. These products are gonna be used a lot throughout the next 3 months.


As I have mentioned many times in the past, I am not really a fan of matte lips. But I couldn't really resist buying Mac's Diva when I visited the store last autumn. This was my favourite lipstick to wear all last year and I found myself reaching out for it as soon as the weather started getting colder. It's one of those irreplaceable products in my makeup collection. But, I still can't wear it on its own because I just hate dry lips. So what I do is I put on my best lip balm underneath and apply the lipstick over it. The lipstick is so pigmented that if I need to moisturise my lips throughout the day, I can just apply lip balm on top and it wouldn't make any difference to the appearance, it just makes my lips moisturised.
The lip balm I've been loving recently is Burt's Bees - Red Dahlia. This is a tinted lip balm with berry undertones, so it really goes well with Diva. I've never come across a lip balm as moisturising as Burt's Bees. It's one of those things I'll never stop buying. Also, keeping your lips moisturised is an essential thing to do in autumn/winter, otherwise you'll end up with cracked lips.

The nighttime version of the Mac's diva is my Clinique Pop - Berry Pop. I've already talked about why Clinique lipsticks are my favourites, so if you like you can check that out here: Why I think Clinique Lipsticks Are The Best.
The reason why I don't use this for daytime is because it's too precious for me. Also, if I wanted to apply my lip balm over it, it wouldn't really work since the lipstick itself is very creamy. So I just keep it for date nights and other night time occasions.

Swatch: Mac's Matte Diva and Clinique Berry Pop

Of course no dark lip is complete without the perfect lipliner. I always always wear lipliner with my lipsticks, more so when they are dark, or very red. And the perfect autumnal lipliner is Mac's Lip Pencil - Burgundy. This matches both of the lipsticks really well and I don't think I need to talk about the quality of it, since everyone knows Mac's lip pencils are THE BEST.

Moving on to blusher. I adore the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush. The shade I use, which really compliments my skin tone, is Soft Murano. It also happens to be a very autumnal shade for blusher and it's perfect for a daytime look since it doesn't have shimmer to it.

For slightly more dramatic blusher to wear for nighttime, I love using Nars's Cactus Flower. The colour is so gorgeous and the gold shimmer makes it the perfect blusher for your fotd. It compliments a variety of lipstick shades, from classic reds to dark reds and berry. You can see the amazing shimmer in the swatch picture at the bottom of the post.

When it comes to eyes and creamy eyeshadow, you can't get much better than Maybelline's Color Tattoos. They have the perfect shade for autumn, which is called Metallic Pomegranate. This is such a gorgeous dark red with gold shimmer, which makes it a perfect match for the berry lips and the Nars blusher mentioned above. I apply this on my eyelid, and blend the edges into my crease. I don't tend to use anything else in conjunction though, it really is enough on its own. The texture is incredible and if you don't have oily eyelids like mine, it will last a long time without creasing. I just apply eye primer before I put it on, which makes it very long lasting. Although, I don't personally use it for daytime looks, since I think the colour and shimmeriness of it are a bit too much for daytime. But it's the perfect eyeshadow for evening looks. You can see the shade in the swatch photo below.

A matte shade that is perhaps more suited for daytime is Mac's Sketch Velvet. The shade is very cool slightly grey looking with a hint of dark purple. It's a very nice shade to wear in the crease, with slightly warmer tones on the lids. But on its own, it can be a very chic addition to your daytime look.

Swatches: Mac's Sketch Velvet, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate, Nars Cactus Flower and Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Murano.
For nails, I love Rimmel London Salon Pro - Celebrity Bash. It's the perfect shade of red for this season, and it compliments all the wonderful colours of makeup we've mentioned. These Rimmel nail varnishes have really good quality. They're glossy and shiny and don't need 2-3 coats to look proper, one coat is enough. Their consistency also doesn't change much over time, which of course is a bonus.

So there you have it my lovelies. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it interesting.
Make sure you follow me on social media for update and new posts. All the links can be found on the right hand side column.

See you soon x


No comments :

Post a Comment