Monday 17 August 2015

Why I think Clinique Lipsticks Are The Best

Hello lovelies and welcome to my Realm of Beauty. 

Today's post is all about lipsticks, Clinique lipsticks to be exact.
Lipsticks are the most important makeup item for me. I could leave the house with no makeup on and it wouldn't phase me. But if I didn't have lipstick on I'd somehow feel incomplete, like I would be missing an item of clothing.

I am quite picky when it comes to choosing shades and types. I'm not a fan of nude lips, because they don't really suit my skin tone. And, I don't like matte lipsticks because I prefer moisturised lips to dry lips. So already, I have eliminated the very popular and arguably most loved lipstick in the market: mac's matte lipsticks. You also tend to get more shades with matte lipsticks, so that's another thing I'm missing out on.

Clinique Lipsticks available at http://www.clinique.co.uk

For a long time I've been searching for the perfect moisturising lipstick. One that's not too greasy and not too shiny, but is still moisturising and long lasting and pigmented. I thought I had found my true match in Lancôme's Rouge in Love range, which ticked all the boxes for me. Until Clinique launched their Pop Lip Colour and Primer range. I was very intrigued by the description of this product, which goes like "Luxurious yet weightless formula merges bold, saturated colour with a smoothing primer. Glides on effortlessly to give a modern-velvet finish. Colour stays true and keeps lips comfortably moisturised for 8 hours". So I went to my nearest Clinique counter and the lady tried on 3 shades for me. I instantly fell in love with the intensity of the colours, and how moisturising they were without adding too much shine. This was the perfect match I was looking for. It really does what it says in the description. Thanks to the primer, it glides on perfectly and gives a gorgeous finish to your lips. The moisture doesn't really get absorbed either, so I barely feel the need to reapply it, unless it's after a meal. 
Don't get me wrong, I still love the Rouge in Love lipsticks and would purchase again as soon as I've ran out. But they are more expensive (£22) than Clinique lipsticks (£16), so I can't really use them everyday. 

By now I have almost made my case and have argued why Clinique lipsticks are the best. But there's one more product that I haven't mentioned: The Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balm. This is yet another wonderful product by Clinique and the reason why I love it is in the name. It's more shiny and much sheerer compared to the Pop Lip, but that can be an advantage when you want just enough colour and mostly moisture for a daytime look. I also love the shape of it, which makes it super easy to apply. It's £1 more expensive than the Pop Lip, but you get more out of it because it's taller. 


The shades that I have are limited, but as I said I'm quite picky when it comes to shades I like. I do aim to collect more though, so I'll keep you updated. The Berry Pop (15) shade is a gorgeous plum/berry colour, perfect for evenings and autumnal looks. While the Love Pop (13) shade is a gorgeous light violet, perfect for daytime and summery looks. This is the lightest shade I can pull off without looking like a ghost. 

My Chubby Stick shade is Roomiest Rose (06), which is a beautiful pink colour, perfect for everyday makeup.
Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer and Chubby Stick swatches.
Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer and Chubby Stick lip swatches.
So there you have it, my case for why Clinique make the best lipsticks. If you're like me and don't really like matte lipsticks, then they're the brand for you. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Make sure you follow me on social media for updates and future posts. Links can be found on the right hand column. 

See you soon x

No comments :

Post a Comment