Monday 24 August 2015

Drugstore Haul

Hello and welcome to my Realm of Beauty. 

Today's post is gonna be a popular one: drugstore haul. Who doesn't love affordable quality makeup? I know I do. I love watching beauty vloggers' drugstore hauls, making a list of everything that tickles my fancy and purchasing them gradually when I go to Boots and Superdrug.

I recommend keeping a list on your phone of all the makeup items that you want to add to your collection. That way, you can keep track of things you like and the next time you're at a drugstore and have extra money to spend, you can look at the list and pick things you always wanted. Also, Boots and Superdrug usually have promotions for most loved brands, like Maybelline and Rimmel. Most of my drugstore products were purchased in 3 for 2 promotions at Boots. I also love Boots's advantage card. Just a few months ago I was able to buy an Elie Saab perfume I always wanted with my advantage card, which would've otherwise set me back £54!

But enough into. Let's get to it.
All products can be purchased at your nearest drugstore or online at boots.com and superdrug.com
Maybelline eyeshadow palette: The Nudes 

An amazing substitute for high end nude palettes, and a genius move by the Maybelline exec. They must've seen the rise in popularity of Urben Decay's naked palettes and decided to launch their own version for those who don't have £38 to pay for an eyeshadow palette.
This palette only costs £7.99, which is amazing considering the quality of the shadows. It features all the nude shades one might need, from matte to shimmery, form highlighting to black.
What's more is that it comes with instructions at the back of it. So beginners can look at the back to see what shades can be mixed together and where on the eyes the specific shades need to go.

Maybelline Dream Pute BB Cream

This 8-in-1 BB cream is an essential for those who don't like full coverage or even foundation, but still want enough tint to even out their skin. And at £6.99, why not add it to your makeup bag?
It's designed for oily skin and therefore has 2% salicylic acid, which protects against blemishes. It's also SPF 15, oil free and hydrating, so it's the perfect balance of matte and moisturising. It comes only in 5 shades, so one might struggle to find a shade that's suited to their skin tone. But since it's a tinted moisturiser rather than a foundation, you'd be able to get away with it if it's not exactly suited to your colour.
I do find my face getting shiny quicker than if I used a matte foundation. So maybe it's better suited to less oily faces than mine. But it's nothing a touch of powder can't fix.

Maybelline EyeSudio Colour Tattoo 24h Eyeshadow

This is truly a holy grail product. If I had a pound for everytime a blogger mentioned this product in a dupe or haul video/post I'd be rich by now. The range of colours on offer is to-die-for. My fav is Metallic Pomegranate, which is the most gorgeous burgundy colour and perfect for autumn. The creamy texture is absolutely gorgeous and it's very easy to apply. You can literally use your finger to apply and blend it. What's more is that it's super long lasting. Maybe not for 24h, as it says in the title, but more long lasting than any eyeshadow I've tried before. This is an absolute must have, so the next time you're in a drugstore browse through the colours and get yourself a pot or two because they only cost £4.99. Which if you ask me, is a bargain for the quality of this product.
If you're like me and have oily eyelids, you might benefit from applying it with eye primer to prevent it from creasing. That being said, that should only be the case if you're planning on wearing it from day to night. Otherwise, it will last around 4 hours on oily eyelids without the need for primer, which is amazing.

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer 

Okay, this is getting a bit Maybelline-heavy, but what can I do, I love this brand. This is the last one though, I promise.
This concealer is amazing for covering imperfections, blemishes and spots. I personally haven't used it under my eyes yet, mostly because the shade that I have is too dark for that purpose. It's super easy to carry with you everywhere you go because you don't need a brush to apply it. Altogether a winner, and at £7.99, it's really worth adding to your on-the-go makeup bag.

Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush

Yet another holy grail of drugstore makeup, loved by bloggers and makeup artists alike. Creamy blushers are one of those products that are hard to come by in the drugstore. And when you do find one, it's usually not a good quality compared to the high end ones (I'm looking at NARS). But this little pot is truly an exception. I just love the texture so much. And it blends so beautifully. I like to blend mine with Real Techniques Sponge, but fingers would do just fine.
It comes in 4 shades (I want more), all of which cater to different skin tones. It's totally worth the £6.99, and I'm not the only one who says so.

Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Liner

Another gorgeous products from Max Factor. The colour range is amazing and practical. The texture is creamy and easy to apply. The only downside is that it's not long lasting enough. And I want my lipliner to last throughout the day so that I can just touch up my lipstick and nothing else. I personally prefer No7 lipliners to this. I've also heard that sharpening it is very puzzling, but I'm yet to sharpen mine and see how it goes.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

I think this is the most loved Max Factor mascara out there. I love the lengthening and volumising effect of it, but I most of all love how it still looks quite natural and not too fake. So it's perfect for everyday mascara, especially since it stays on perfectly and doesn't smudge your lash line after a long day. There's also no sign of clumping or any other problems if you decide to apply it more than one coat, very buildable I would say. It's just a perfect mascara at the reasonable price of £10.99.

LOreal Paris Perfection Color Riche Lipstick 

By now if you've been following my blog you know that I love moisturising and hydrating lipsticks. This Loreal lipstick is exactly that thanks its Omega-3 and vitamin E, plus it's very creamy and pigmented. It just feels really soft and beautiful on the lips. It comes in a whopping 30 shades! And it's a perfect dupe for high end creamy lipsticks at half the price, which is £6.99.

Simple Micella Water

An absolute must have, gentle and effective and hydrating. Really, you just can't say no this, especially at the price of £4.49.

As mentioned before, all of the products in this post might be available in promotions at Boots and Superdrugs. So make sure you make the most of these promotions before they end.

So there you have it lovelies. Hope you've enjoyed this post. Make sure you share it with others and follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin. All the links are on your right hand side.

See you soon x

No comments :

Post a Comment