Friday 3 July 2015

Review: Clinique's Blended Face Powder & Brush

Hello and welcome to my Realm of Beauty. 
For today's post I'm going to review Clinique's Blended Face Powder. Before I start the review, I should start by mentioning that I have a very oily skin. I use all the right products and still come home everyday with an oily skin. At least that used to be the case before I met this wonderful product.


So what is the Blended Face Powder and where does it fit into your makeup routine?
Powders come in 2 different forms: loose and compact. Compact powders are more modern whereas loose powders have more of a vintage feel to them. If you're after a product that can potentially replace your foundation, or be used in your handbag for touchups, then compact powders are the way to go. However, if you just want something that sets your foundation in place, absorbs the oil on your skin throughout the day and gives the face a matt finish, then loose powders should be an essential in your makeup bag.
As you can probably guess from the picture, 'The Blended Powder' fits into the second category. To review it I'm going to consider some important characteristics that I think a loose power should have.

Texture: this product is wonderfully light weight. It does not create another layer on top of your foundation, nor does it add any colour. The reason for why I purchased it was because I was struggling to keep my skin free of shine throughout the day. I wanted a product that could absorb the oil and keep my skin flawless and I would say I hit the jackpot. It keeps your foundation in place, especially on warm days, and it reduces the appearance of your pores and gives a photo-ready feel to your skin.

Application: the powder is very simple to use. You just tip it over a little bit so that enough product is dispensed through the holes. It needs to be applied after you've done the rest of your makeup, i.e. on top of your foundation/BBcream. For brush you should use the largest brush in your collection. And this is one of the things I love about applying it. It just gives it a vintage feel (and I'm all for anything vintage), sort of like a flash back to old hollywood glamour.


I use the largest brush in the Estée Lauder collection that I've had for almost 10 years! It was the first thing related to makeup that my mom gave me. I don't know if they've been discontinued or still sold, but if you can get your hands on them I'd recommend you do so.


Colour: now I don't know much about the different colours that are offered with this product. There are 5 shades, starting from Invisible Blend, Transparency 2, Transparency Neutral, Transparency 3 and 4. From what I understand, there should not be a massive difference between these shades. However, if you have a fair skin it is best to go with the Invisible Blend or Transparency 2 if you have pink undertones to your skin. If you're unsure, I'd recommend going for Transparency Neutral. I personally use number 3, but that's because I wanted it to match my slightly tanned foundation over the summer. You can always go to a Clinique counter and ask them to match you with one if you want to be more safe.

Price: this is a bit of a tricky one. The product costs £23.50, which can be considered a bit expensive. But I'd argue that it's worth it because it's gonna last you a very long time. From the pictures you can see that the container is quite big, and I'm not lying when I say it's full to its limit. So you definitely do get your money's worth. Plus, you get a cute little retractable brush with it that you can fit in your handbag and use for all sorts of different purposes.

In the end, It comes down to your preference. If you think your foundation is doing its job perfectly, then there's probably no need to invest in a loose powder. But for those who struggle with oily skin such as myself, it is a wonderful addition to your makeup routine.

I hope you enjoy this post. I'm planning on dedicating a post to routines and products for oily skin, so if your'e interested make sure you come back.
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter for updates.
See you soon x

No comments :

Post a Comment